Department of Physical Therapy
It is one of the most important sections of the hospital as it rehabilitates the postoperative patients in order to bring them back to their normal status. It contains many rooms equipped with modern and developed devices such as:
- - Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT)
The Dornier AR2 uses extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT) to create an effective, non-invasive treatment for a variety of orthopedic indications. Using a “Point and Shoot” method, the system delivers external shockwaves to the target area. The target area is identified by the area of discomfort identified from the patient and biofeedback. The shockwaves trigger the body’s own repair mechanisms to initiate healing. This quick, in-office treatment requires no analgesic and has no patient downtime.
The Dornier AR2 allows it to be an effective treatment for a wide variety of muscular and skeletal indications.
- Plantar fasciitis
- Anterior tibia syndrome
- Patellar tendinopathy
- Trigger points
- Shoulder and neck pain
- Lower back pain
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Trochanter irritation
- Tibial edge syndrome
- Morton’s neuroma
- Acupuncture points
- M.G: it is a modern, developed and computerized device that is used for diagnosis of deferent diseases related to muscles and nerves.
- Electrical stimulation device & computerized ultrasound: it treats all kinds of diseases related to joints, muscles and nerves.
- Short wave: it is a modern, developed and computerized device that is used for deferent kinds of diseases related to vertebras, skin, and blood circle of extremities.
- Electrical & computerized traction device: It is used for neck and back disk prolapse, sciatica and ostia· arthritis.
- Mechanical traction device: it is used for treating diseases of the neck and cervical vertebras.
- Infrared rays device: it is used for deferent diseases related to joints, back and neck.
- Paraffin bath: it is used for rheumatism and for diseases of bone and joints.
- Chinese exercise device: it is used for performing exercises in deferent areas of the body.
This section is also ready to conduct message for the whole body by many massager devices such as hands and feet massager that works in the water.
Moreover, this section contains equipped gymnasium that present various sport exercises for weight loosing, gracefulness, flabbiness and rehabilitation of people who suffer from disability. The gymnasium contains a stable bicycle, multi gym., abdomen muscles device, wall ladder, length and weight measure, parallel walking device and many others.
This section also presents directory guidance for nutrition and regimen under the supervision of a specialized physiotherapist.